The Features of TaiNEX 2
Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 2 (TaiNEX 2), an expansion project invested by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) and operated by Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), opened on March 4th,2019. TaiNEX 2 has unique sky garden on the top floor and will attract more international exhibitions, conferences, and business meetings to be held in Taiwan.
TaiNEX 2 is designed by famous architectural design companies– gmp Architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners from Germany and J.J Pan and Partners from Taiwan. Its design follows the three principles of the ancient Roman architecture– utility, solidity, and beauty. The appearance of TaiNEX 2 is neat and clear.
Combined with the spaces of Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 (TaiNEX 1) and TaiNEX 2, the total capacity reaches to 5,000 booths and 38 meetings rooms to meet the needs of international MICE activities. TaiNEX 1 and TaiNEX 2 combined will become the core venue of Taiwan MICE industry and one of the major exhibition and convention centers in Asia.
TNEC2 features are:
1. The first exhibition hall to be awarded the "Green Building Label - Golden Level” in Taiwan.
2. TaiNEX 2’s roof is designed to symbolize ocean waves, in keeping with the nautical theme of TaiNEX 1’s rooftop which resembles a ship’s mast. TaiNEX has become the MICE new landmark in Taiwan.
3. Convenient transportation: 45 minutes from Taoyuan International Airport by car, 15 minutes from city center by metro, and only one stop away from Nangang station, where Taipei Metro system, Taiwan Railway and Taiwan High Speed Rail station are all connected at. Besides that, pedestrian underpass connects Taipei Metro system and TaiNEX 2.
4. It is 15 minutes from Taipei city center to TaiNEX 2 by Metro and can reach 500 hotels with 25,000 rooms available in Taipei easily.
5. High ceiling exhibition halls: 12 meters on the 1st floor and 9 meters on the 4th floor, adding space for 2,360 new booths.
6. The multifunctional conference hall on the 7th floor is the biggest non-pillar conference space in Taiwan, which has 9-meter ceiling height, 14 convertible meeting rooms and maximum capacity of 3,600 persons.
7. Class curtain wall and wide corridors on 7th floor let visitors have a penetrate view to see outdoor 6,100 sqm sky garden and Taipei 101.
8. Sufficient parking area with 1,296 indoor parking spaces served with a smart parking system and 4-meter ceiling height to let shuttle buses and trucks go directly into the basement.
9. 28 escalators and 16 escalators let vertical flow fast and smooth.
After TIMTOS 2019, there are more big international exhibitions to be held at TaiNEX such as AMPA, Computex, Food Taipei, and Taipei Cycle Show. International conferences including Rotary International Convention in 2021 will be held at TaiNEX too. In the future, we look forward more global MICE activities being held at TaiNEX in Taiwan!
TaiNEX 2 Press information contact window：
Senior Project Manager
Nangng International Exhibition Center, Hall 2